This session will provide an overview of the necessary steps for an effective vendor management program, covering an array of potential services provided, ranging from sub-advisory services to technology providers to compliance services. The panel will focus on regulatory expectations throughout the lifecycle of a vendor relationship, including planning, due diligence, negotiation, oversight and termination of the arrangement.
- Use compliance controls and corporate governance to develop and enhance vendor management programs that manage conflicts of interests as they arise
- Understand regulatory requirements regarding vendor management and outsourcing (to either third parties and/or affiliated entities) throughout the various stages of vendor engagement
- Learn about vendor engagements that require specific considerations, such as outsourcing portfolio management services, the use of technology providers, and those driven by client data
- Discuss obligations that survive the termination of the vendor relationship and “lessons learned” through enforcement and related proceedings
- Boost your due diligence program with clearly defined structure, policies and procedures, use of checklists, questionnaires, a compliance calendar, and sample RFP questions
2:45pm- SESSION 2: From Theory To Practice: Managing A Robust Code Of Ethics Program
This session will discuss how Compliance and Senior Executives can effectively empower all personnel through a program that incorporates a strong ethical business and compliance culture into the regulated COE requirements. Further, the panel will address various firm-related, employee-related and client-related ethical conflicts.
- Review COE requirements and compatible management structure for a realistic sense of firmwide compliance value and ownership.
- Interpose the firm’s culture into the COE through programs designed to illuminate ongoing positive interaction and self-reporting.
- Address potential ethical conflicts based on a 360-degree approach considering enterprise risks, job functions, clients, and other industry organization COE programs
- Learn to use case studies to facilitate effective COE training and education
- Discuss how the teachings of behavioral ethics can enhance an ethics program
Register and purchase access at https://seminars.nscpconferences.org/events/may-25th/